11 November 2010

Taking deep breathes

There's something to be said for yoga. While I've never been able to stick to it, as a routine, it always seems to replenish me when I do it. After what seems like I long week, I need reminding to focus on my breathe and stay present in the moment. Sometimes that means noticing the pain in my shoulder or exhaling all the tension in my body OR just being at peace with myself in the current state I am in, not wanting to do, rush, perform, etc.

This all reminds me of a song we sang at my multi-faith internship this summer. It was very simple but I find myself singing it or thinking it and humming while I walk. "When I breathe in, I breathe in peace. And when I breathe out, I breathe out love". Singing this brings me back to where I am supposed to be. You can't sing this song and be upset, or worried about the future, or distracted by the internet. You can only sing this with your whole heart.

So, whatever song inspires you or whatever exercise brings you peace of mind and keeps you rooted in the present, savor it.

Blessings on the journey,
G