06 July 2010

Day 1

So far, loving life here at my internship in the woods. There are 16 interns here ranging from just out of high school (teenagers, ah!) up to late twenties. I am on the upper end and proud of it. Today consisted of sweating, getting to know one another, sweating, house rules, sweating, delicious vegetarian dinner, a little more sweating and orientation and ice-cream. End of the night is scattered chatting about all our lives, what we do, face-booking one another, etc.

Tomorrow we're off on our camping trip, learning about the basic theme of our internship (wouldn't you like to know). We'll also be enjoying swimming, making a bonfire, and enjoying kosher smores. I'm not sure what makes smores un-kosher but I'm interested to find out.

Also I love the basic structure of our days, beginning with intentional morning mediation time, manual labor, and learning. There's plenty of free time also to keep me on my path of discernment. When Imet with one of the pastors of my church last Sunday she said that this would be a transformational time for me and I am starting to believe her. This month is going to be incredible.

Hope to have more writing to come... wish me luck in the woods.

G