13 July 2010

Day 7

I am surround by beautiful people and beautiful creation. Feeling very blessed to be where I am right now. It's exactly where I am supposed to be. People here aren't afraid to ask big questions, like "What do you think God is?". It's like candy for my spirit. To say that engaging in these topics excites me is an understatement. I am wowed by how many chances I get here to define and refine my personal faith and the mystical force out there in the universe.

We broke ground on our 30' x 50' plot today, turning a piece of a field into a brand new garden (or "gan" in Hebrew). We were only digging for about 45 minutes but many of us felt exhausted afterwards. Tomorrow's work session will be a lot longer with hopefully a lot more progress. The ground we dug today was dry and verrrrry tough but the combination of rain and sprinkler on the field now should really help.

Connecting to the earth and sweating because of working with soil is a wonderful feeling. We should all do it more often. Amen.